Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Thursday 19 July 2007

matters of circumstance

I'm feeling rather frazzled...life is busy, and I am frustratingly tired. I don't feel capable of any deep thinking at all. I remain aware, however, of certain things (even when I walk into something out of sheer tiredness):

  • God
  • my husband
  • my family
  • my friends

We exist best in community with each other. When we are not even managing to be ourselves, still we have one another. That community remains.

And even when my circumstances affect all those around me, they cannot alter God.

Rather than wishing God would change my circumstances, I attempt, in my befuddled way, to remember that my circumstances cannot change God.

No comments:

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster