Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Sunday 23 March 2008

and so he lives


Happy Easter!

This morning's service went well, even the sketch. It was entitled 'CSI Jerusalem' - you get the picture. Andy and I were investigating the body at the tomb - or should I say the fact that there wasn't one. It was quite fun to do, once I'd got my nerves in hand. My mind doesn't get particularly nervous. If it weren't anatomically impossible I'd say my stomach has a separate mind of its own. It certainly decides to lurch around at a ridiculous rate. Still, having to change jackets and don a pair of yellow marigolds (we didn't have any latex gloves)in the song before distracted me from my stomach, which was helpful.

I can't write much more now; it is time for Rest Stop 3.

I shall leave with a snippet from my favourite Easter song:


And we are raised with Him,
Death is dead, love has won, Christ has conquered;
And we shall reign with Him,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!


Keith Getty & Stuart Townend, 'See what a morning'



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your sketch went well. Mike and I have been watching reruns of CSI in the evenings when he gets home from work, so the thought of "CSI: Jerusalem" brings a smile to my face.

RYC: I'm only going to stop writing about my emotions with regard to Dad's marriage. I'll continue to comment on some of the details of the situation as time goes on, but the moaning should hopefully stop.

Oh, yes - it looks like Mike and I will finally start looking at local churches on Sunday (assuming he doesn't have to go into work). We've got a list of possibilities put together. Prayers for our search would be appreciated. You know from past diaries how difficult our relationships with other churches have sometimes been. :-)

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster