Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Friday 11 April 2008

faith looks towards

Once upon a time, I worried about my faith. I worried about its size and its strength. I worried about its existence. I poked and prodded about inside myself. Then one day (actually it was in a theology lecture!) I understood. Faith is not an object to be seen, it is that which does the seeing. If I try and stare right at it, it will always elude me. Instead I fix my eyes upon God, and in that very act, there is faith. My worry suddenly seemed nonsensical. I was looking at it from the completely wrong angle.

Faith is not an object to be seen, it is faith that does the seeing. Faith looks upon the object of trust and does not look away.

These things I store away to regularly bring out to remind myself; lest I forget and lose the treasure I have found.

Energy rating: 4/10
Headache: Initially high, moving towards low

1 comment:

lynn said...

you post very wise words Lucy

thanks for them!

x

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster