Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Wednesday 26 November 2008

yesterday

My dad came through the operation okay, although he was still very dozy when my mum saw him yesterday evening! I expect I shall hear more today. It was a long time before he got back on the ward from the theatre. Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers. He'll be in hospital for the next few days, which I'm hoping won't be too difficult for him.

Charlie's visit to the vet was also fine; he has managed to gain quite a bit of weight in a week which is very good. We are to carry on as we have been doing and then revisit in a week. She doesn't want to put him under anaesthetic unless absolutely necessary. Charlie is happy as he loves eating, and this pro biotic stuff seems to be helping him do so! He is very obliging when taking his medicine. I offer him the syringe, he grips it in his mouth, and I sink the plunger, as it were. It obviously doesn't taste too bad! I have to remove it fairly quickly as he tries to bite the end off in his enthusiasm (he did this with the vet's little tool as well as she tried to look in his mouth - let go! she had to say, which made Andy and I exchange a smile).

Went for a skittles evening last night.

Yesterday: 4/10, medium - high
Today: 4/10, medium

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So grateful that things seem to be going better for you. Here in the states, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Thinking of you and thankful I've met you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that both your father and Charlie are doing okay at the moment. I'll steal a line from angeljoy and say that I'm thinking of you and thankful I've met you, too! :-)

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster