Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Monday 27 April 2009

star watching, and other things of night

"You do not have to sit outside in the dark.
If, however, you want to look at the stars,
you will find that darkness is required.
The stars neither require it or demand it."
Annie Dillard

"What we learn in the dark we possess forever."
- Edith Schaeffer

"Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day, for darkness is as light to you."
- Psalm 139, addressing God

The only one who can see through every darkness - all kinds, not just physical darkness - is the one who created Light.

That last one was me.

I have found it reassuring at certain times in my life that God sees in the dark, even when I am utterly lost within it - he knows my exact location at all times. God is not afraid of the dark - he will wade right in there beside me, even if I cannot see him.

Just a couple of thoughts, drifting by.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thank you for sharing. It is a comfort to know God is not blinded as we are & sees so clearly.

I appreciate you so much, & have enjoyed following your blog even the short time i've been here. I've just tagged you at my blog for the "Attitude of Gratitude" award. http://kateekat.blogspot.com/

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster