Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Saturday 17 October 2009

five

5 books I’ve read recently

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
1984 by George Orwell
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
La’s Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith

5 miniature moments I don’t want to forget
(there are many but I’ll start with these)

• with Andy, lying on our backs on the grass in London’s Canary Wharf, watching the clouds pass over the sky scrapers
• my nephew Sam, then 2 now 3, turning and seeing me, plunging towards me and thudding into me with breathtaking (literally) hug
• holding my other Josh (now 8 then nearly new) for the first time – and him dissolving into baby giggles, resulting in me being known as ‘funny auntie Lucy’ for some time afterwards
• the feel of a duckling nestling into my hand
• rowing with my brother on the Norfolk Broads in the half light of dusk

5 little things I’m rather fond of

• eating Yoghurt coated banana chips
• coloured buttons (not the edible sort!)
• drinking cups of tea – I am English, after all
• birthday cards
• guinea pigs – wheenk! wheenk!

5 lovely things I wasn’t expecting

• meeting Andy and all that followed
• finding so many ‘kindred spirits’ on my life journey
• discovering I am a writer after all – and always will be
• the hedgehogs in our garden
• finding God in the dark – right there, in it with me (I didn’t expect it at the time – the discovery affected me acutely).

2 comments:

Tricia said...

"Wheenk! Wheenk!" I can just hear them - lol!

Thanks for giving me some inspiration for a future blog entry. :-)

Kathryn said...

Love your list!

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster