Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Tuesday, 16 March 2010

perspectives

So much depends on perspective. It's amazing the sheer variety of perspectives we have, if you think about it.

Consider: it is a sunny day.
  • aha, time to put some washing in machine - a good drying day today.
  • ooh! time to hit the beach...
  • Groan.  I hate my job.  How is it I am inside during weather like this?
  • I wish I could get out of bed and be in the sunshine.
  • Another day without rain.  How will the crops grow?  How will we eat?

I could probably have found a better sentence to illustrate my topic, but that was the one that passed through my mind this morning.

So much affects our outlook on life in its multi-facetedness.

Our location, climate, money, provisions, health, family, need, culture.

We are defined and affected by so many things, and each of these alters our perspective.

And sometimes a new awareness will change things completely - we are overhauled, undermined, and suddenly see life with new eyes.

So much depends on perspective.

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

You are so right..a sunny day can make all the difference to morale, grey skies can make it a grey-feeling day.

Angela said...

A brilliant post. I may use this idea with some of my literacy students on Thursday!

Now I shall stop procrastinating and make the tea. Hope you got your potatoes mashed!!

Lucy said...

I decided to take a leaf out of my mother in law's book and put them in the food processor for a change. That certainly zapped them!!

Lloyd said...

It is said that attitude is 99% of what makes us happy in this life. Great post. God bless, Lloyd

Servant of the Most High said...

Hi,

Here's a blog that serves for your spiritual needs, and will surely be a blessing for you.

It has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of God.

These messages teach us how to have God in all the aspects of our lives and have God's rule over every matter :

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading and gladly write back if you need any prayer help.

God bless you and your family.

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster