Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Tuesday 18 May 2010

belief in hope and wonder

As usual my mind is a whirl of thoughts, ducking and diving.  It means of course that one can easily slip away as another draws my attention, but such are the perils of being me.  I have oodles of writing topics tucked in my brain too, of course, all trying to get out of the neck of the bottle, risking jamming it entirely.  At times like this, I have to go and prune a hedge or something.  (We don't have a hedge; plenty of bushes, however, are trying to work on their ambition to become trees.)


I've been working on my first sermon for a while, which should be interesting.  Loving getting into the topic and learning more myself, re-discovering a sense of wonder.  Wonder gives life sizzle and shine. It fuels faith and gives perspective.  It gives us reason to worship.  Let's have more of it.



Keeping my eye on politics, with interest. BBC News 24 is on much more than it used to be.  I still feel positive about the future.  The coalition has the potential of neutralising the extremes of both parties, a thing of balance.  I love the idea of putting national interest above party politics.  We're all weary of the latter.  I know there are those who claim 'it will never work' but I tire of the negativity.   Let's believe in hope, for a while, shall we?  The idea of the 'Big Society' necessitates co-operation  - its weakness and its strength.  We need to start believing in our potential again, our capacity to change and affect change in the world around us.

Am I playing the same old record?  Well, I like it, so - tough.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

You describe the "bottle neck" of thoughts so well. I frequently feel that & am frustrated because It seems to prevent me from writing very clearly. For me, i think part of the problem is focus.

Hope you're feeling a bit better. :)

Tricia said...

I envy your political system at the moment. It would be nice if our political parties could do the same thing - rise above it all to come together and do what's best for the country. Sigh...

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster