Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Sunday 3 October 2010

a poem a day...?


Thursday is National Poetry Day here in the UK (this year's theme: 'Home'). This makes me want to engage is some blog themed poetry-ness. (Or should that be poetry themed blog-ness?)
A poem a day, perhaps? A Monday to Thursday poetry fest? Can I set myself the challenge of writing a poem a day? And what will it be like? And will I manage to balance it with neurologist's appointments and nutritionist phone calls and JW bible studies and other stories?

Perhaps they could be short and sweet:

Dear doctor, can I make it plain?
I'm not sure I even have a brain.


Or fanciful:

Oh! Ephemeral beauty hanging evanescent over a dreamless sky...


...or maybe not.

Still, it's a thought. For those writers who have recently confined themselves to prose, or like me, focused on non-fiction, a little poetic probing may be of benefit (and possibly painful, by the sounds of it).


Dare I suggest it? Not necessarily all in keeping with the theme 'home', but certainly classified as some kind of poem.

Watch this space, it may just become poetic.



image: mine


No comments:

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster