Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Friday 8 April 2011

scallop-shell of quiet...


Sometimes I long to nestle into peace...it takes some discipline. Clearing space not just in my life, but in my head and heart - an attitude that chooses to let slip the things of busy-ness and focus on quiet beauty.  Journeying from hurry into sabbath, into the softness of accepting grace.

Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
my staff of faith to walk upon,
my scrip of joy, immortal diet,
my bottle of salvation,
my gown of glory, hope's true gage;
and thus I'll take my pilgrimage.


Sir Walter Raleigh (c.1552 -1618)


No comments:

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster