Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Monday 10 March 2008

just a bit of 'heelwork to music'...

My, the wind was certainly howling last night. Looking out of the window now, it's actually fairly settled. Was quite impressed that Charlie's hutch covers remained firmly battened down and are still in place this morning.
Quick entry before I go and sort some things out. Kaye will probably get here this afternoon, I think. I hope the weather's not too bad where she's coming from.

It's been Crufts this past week. I do confess I like to occasionally watch a bit of Crufts (it's not Andy's thing at all - he doesn't do dogs!) As usual I missed the agility bit, which I used to love as a little girl - I remember, cloudily, talking about it with Nanny (my grandmother, she died when I was 10 or 11). Perhaps I'm imagining it. Memory is a funny thing.

Still, I happened to turn the TV on just before 'Best in Show' last night - as usual I'd forgotten it was on but was quite happy to watch it. I was just in time to catch the following performance. Somewhat bizarre, though it shows how trained a dog can be...somehow I knew I'd find it on youtube this morning
.


The guy introducing it has a somewhat theatrical voice, methinks. Or is it put on? Anyway. Must go and be busy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those dogs are amazing - but that clown was kind of scary! :-)

RYC: I've seen Jasper Fforde's books in the bookstore before. I think I've been worried that I won't get all the literary references, but since Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books, I'll definitely check and see if The Eyre Affair is at the library. Thanks for the suggestion!

Anonymous said...

P.S. The Time Traveller's Wife has been made into a movie starring Eric Bana, and I believe it's going to be released in the U.S. in November. Here's hoping they don't mess up the story!

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun watching well trained dogs.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs!

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster