Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Friday 27 June 2008

something you can do

Have just watched 'Blood Diamond' (set in the Sierra Leone civil war of 1999). In my present (and hopefully permanent) state of mind I was very disturbed by it, for no longer can I see these things portrayed on the screen and detach them from the reality. The last line of text on the screen was about there being over 200,000 child soldiers in Africa today.

I feel my whole being is a constant state of simmering, as if I want to take the world and shake it by the neck and say 'do something!' It doesn't matter how big or small, but everyone can do something.

It's like a refrain flowing through my mind, the phrase:
there is always something you can do.

I feel it may form my future, and I welcome it.

Today: 4/10, medium high

No comments:

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster