Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Tuesday 20 January 2009

fogginess in the joint.....!

To post or not to post? Am somewhat foggy headed so you may have to be the judge(s)! My tiredness may make this joint a touch disposted. Did I really just type that?? (Actually, I also accidentally typed 'type' as 'time' and then nudged the caps lock...have amended those errors, at least). From the top: My tiredness may make this post a touch disjointed.

A little rundown on life:

Saturday was the day we held our service for the induction of Ruth, our new minister, and also celebrated the official "opening" of our newly revamped church buildings. It was a really positive day, and very uplifting. It seemed especially poignant knowing that all that our church has been through these past few years - 'tempest tossed' would certainly be the word for it.

As I was listening to the speaker he touched on the idea that quite apart from being a shadow of what we were, as in the phrase used usually about the elderly or sick, we are in actuality a shadow of what we will be. This lovely phrase gave me an emotional few seconds...

Am in process of writing up a talk I am giving to our church's ladies' group on Thursday. It is, broadly, about hope. Hopefully (no pun intended) I will get my words out in the right order....

Today:3/10, medium
Last few days: 4/10, medium - high (ish)

1 comment:

angie said...

i really like the idea of being a shadow of what we will be. good luck with your talk:)

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster