Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Monday 30 November 2009

the weekend

I returned home today by train, after spending the weekend with my mum at Lee Abbey - participating in a women's retreat weekend for the start of Advent. 

We both had a really lovely time.  It was wonderful to disconnect from all the busyness of the world, and all the contact - a mobile phone signal at Lee Abbey?  Who ever heard of such a thing?! 


It was rather a wild November weekend but a beautiful place to be, travelling through the always amazing Valley of the Rocks in order to reach our destination.



For me, after this time of hope re-emerging, it felt like a culmination, an affirmation of all I've re-discovered.  And also helped me realise how rubbish I've been at spending time with God - finding my 'sacred space.' 

I don't mean that in a woe-is-me-I'm-such-failure-way, but a wry shaking of my head...and a need to re-shuffle my priorities.  (So often we either ignore a need completely, or otherwise get so obsessed with having a guilt trip about it - either way does not lead to anything helpful!)


So, I'm pondering things and trying to carry them with me as we continue the advent journey towards Christmas.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy! I've missed you! :) I have been so slack in my blog hopping and tonight I thought I'd pop over and say hello.

Pondering... that's actually my favorite thing to do... just ponder things.

Sounds like you had a great time at the conference. I'm so glad you got to get away with your momma (Oh, I mean "mum"). :)

Love,
Lynnette

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful retreat! It must've been so nice to just get away and focus on your relationship with our Father. Thank you for reminding me to keep my eyes and heart focused on Advent, the coming of our Savior.
Beautiful blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog also. You're welcome to come on over anytime.

Kristi, Hello...Is This On?
@TweetingMama

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster