1. What’s your favorite time of the day, and why?
In some ways, mid morning. It’s the time I have most energy, and can enjoy doing things the most. The outside world is bright and new. Mind you, late summer evenings with the golden sun are delicious, too... I simply love it when life glows in the sunshine. Plus...late evening in the beautiful hush and lull of twilight. All right, so it's hard to pick a favourite, when I think about it.
2. If health wasn’t an issue, what food could you live off?
I can’t possibly limit myself to one food. A lot of ‘treats’ wouldn’t work if I had them all the time, either. I absolutely adore ‘waffle berry pudding’ which is Pampered Chef recipe I’ve made a few times recently – raspberries, waffles, white chocolate…so if I could have that once a month that would be lovely. Strangely enough, I’m not so keen on raspberries otherwise…not keen on the texture. But in waffle berry pudding…
I'm very fond of scallops, but feel guilty about the fact as I know they are over-harvested in our seas. So I wouldn't want them too often.
I also love:
- a (not too big) lamb shank with some kind of mash (mash potato is always comforting, in general)
- stir fries are good
- macaroni cheese when my tummy can take it (Andy can’t eat cheese so I don’t eat much of it in homemade meals these days)
There’ll be other things. I’ll add them later. I think I’m straying from the essence of the question anyway!!
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
A healed world, unmuddied by deception and delusion and prejudice – is that cliché? I do mean it.
4. What’s one thing that you get teased about a lot?
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?
Yeek. I can’t think of one. Too many decisions to make here!!
6. If you could have one talent that you don’t already have, what would it be?
Like Laura Anne, I want to be able to play the piano. I gave up at grade 1 as I was so shy as a child. I struggle to teach myself now when life is full of so many other things: I would love to simply sit down and play, reflecting my mood.
7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
If money were no object, somewhere in every continent. Is that cheating? I love places where I can see the natural world in all its beauty.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
Folky acoustic stuff with my guitar. I do that anyway, but I’m not an ‘awesome’ singer alas!
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?
Well, I’m guessing from the question that I would have to spend it in a shop, as opposed to other things… Mmm. I might be really boring and say M&S*. I am boring. But I could run happily round the Per Una section replacing my wardrobe, buy loads of presents for friends and family, get new furniture and have a nice meal at the end!!
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
I’ll stay where I am, hard as it is. I’m tempted to say the times of Jane Austen’s books, but I doubt I’d be rich enough to sit around all day improving my talents (e.g. piano playing)!!
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
(Am I allowed some white to go with it?)
12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
Actually, I’m a bizarre mutation of all of them, come to think of it.
13. What’s the last album you listened to?
Um. Something Andy had on but wasn’t paying attention to what it was. We had Holly Williams 'Here With Me' on last night.
14. What’s something we’d be surprised to know about you?
I haven’t a clue! Do you surprise easily?!
*Marks & Spencer
Please note only images 1 and 7 are mine.
The others are taken from stock xchng, with the exception of the (NASA) globe, the seven dwarves, banana chips and the Per Una trademark.