Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Monday 29 March 2010

everlasting arms

Last week was characterised by headache horrendous...am feeling somewhat fragile. Nevertheless, I want to re-boot my writing; I'm afraid I just couldn't manage it last week. I've decided to withdraw from some weekly activities I was previously committed to, as I was so tired by the time I got to a 'writing day' that not much could be eked from my energy-lacking state.

After my intial frustration and anxiety, I feel calmer. I have learned, many times, that God travels with me through light and darkness, and when my strength shrivels, he draws near. I know also I need to be willing to recognise him! So often we grieve over that which we do not have - whether it is the loss of something or the wish for something we have never attained - sometimes that grief becomes a habit that we sink into almost involuntarily.

A very much beloved kindred spirit has set up her own blog and called it 'treasures of darkness' which reminded me immediately of my own affinity with that particular verse.

I need not be frightened of the dark, for God goes before me and follows behind me, stays beside me and hovers below me. My eternal net of safety, whatever the struggle I face. I do not face it alone.  Once I understand that God is my priority and my passion, my perspective-maker and potential-former, the grief recedes into peace.  Whatever else, he is there, and despite my own shortsightedness, he will not lose sight of me.




Underneath are the everlasting arms.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks, Lucy, for that reminder. Praying for continued peace in the midst of your storm.

Elizabethd said...

One of my favourite verses...the strength of that promise is wonderful.

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Beautiful post and a vivid analogy of the truth of God.

Love the picture as well.

greatchandeliers said...

Thanks a lot for sharing it.

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster