Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Saturday 25 June 2011

not always



Text:

They did not always welcome me
their eyes sharp with distrust,
misunderstandings, spoiled hopes
grown sour and hard.

They did not always embrace me
more eager to pursue other things,
too choked by their concerns
too anxious-hearted, unable to
identify their own need.

They did not always accept me
too busy for such words as mine
finding them too difficult or
demanding, considering me
a blip, a bluster, a mad fool
and yet

I welcomed them in the very act
they used to reject me,
embraced them with the very arms
they pierced, stretched wide
accepted them as they were
- distrustful, anxious, dismissive
and pointed to the possibility of
a different reality

Words (C) Lucy Mills 2011

No comments:

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster