Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Tuesday 23 August 2011

taking the train...

MAY BE rather quiet on the blog front the next few days; I'm heading to my parents for a family gathering over the weekend - hopping on train tomorrow.  Have packed most of what I can today; must not forget train tickets.  Aside from the getting on and off between train connections I rather enjoy train travel.  Sometimes I think - I shall write reams!  But actually often I find it a good space to allow my brain to rumble to a (relative) halt.  Am taking equipment needed for writing with me but do not anticipate doing much.

I feel a little unproductive of late - but sometimes I need to step back and breathe, and recollect previous enthusiasm and vision.  Hopefully I shall return geared up for lots of lovely words.

Be blessed.

3 comments:

Beautifully Recreated said...

Hope you enjoy your train ride and your time at your parents and that you return enthused and refreshed. Thanks for popping by Kre8ivelife.blogspot.com.au recent and for your lovely comment.

Nancy Wallace said...

I love train travel too (providing I have a seat). It's a great opportunity to switch off, or catch up on reading, praying or thinking. I also enjoy watching the changing scenery and not having to drive.

Findrxonline blog said...

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1988. Recently I went back to college to change careers. Imagine my surprise to hear my instructor tell our class of student nurses that fibromyalgia is not a real illness; it is a psychosomatic disorder. I tried to tell her differently, but she would not believe otherwise. So try telling that to my aches, pains, sleep disorders, and chronic fatigue...LOL! I'm now 55 years old. The best treatment I've found for myself is light exercise and a balanced diet. The exercise is the last thing a sufferer wants to do. But, I'm telling you it worked for me.

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster