Pages

Lucy Mills has moved!

You'll find all this content, plus more, over at http://lucy-mills.com.


Monday 20 April 2009

breaking the block...

I always find it rather hard to start writing when I haven't been doing so for a few days...I get out of the habit and suffer a kind of blogger's block, I suppose! The best way to break any kind of writer's block, in my experience, is to start by writing anything, even if it's complete rubbish. So, here I am. (Although having said that, my parents are coming to stay on Wednesday, so I'll probably be absent yet again for a while!)

Andy had last week off work, after the busy-ness of Easter, and it was good to just relax and spend time together. We had a couple of nice days out, which I may recount here, at some point. (For less regular readers, 'at some point' can mean anything from next week to never.)

I have been catching up a bit around the house and cleaning out Charlie's hutch, giving him a bottom dunking as well, what joy. Started making some more bird cake since they are just about to finish off their third fat tube. They certainly do love it.

Not entirely convinced the goldfinches are going to continue nesting in next doors' tree. Not much activity lately, and I spied the blue tits stealing nest material from it last week, which isn't very hopeful, goldfinch wise. However, they are still coming through and feeding, together with the blue tits and great tits and blackbirds all in 'courtship mode'.

My, isn't this entry exhilarating....

Andy at a meeting this evening, so watched a Primeval episode recorded on Saturday before coming up here to get some stuff together for Youth Housegroup tomorrow. Andy has given up on Primeval but I am still watching it for a pleasant bit of silliness. OK, so the underlying plot is somewhat convoluted and hard to follow - and you can't work out if that's because it is too complex, or not complex enough. Like Steven, Cutter is now dead (killed by sinister amoral former wife Helen) and Jenny seems to be suddenly more like Claudia Brown's personality in this series, which is somewhat ironic as Nick (Cutter) was the only person who remembered Claudia's existence in the first place. (Except perhaps Helen, but I doubt she cares). Of course, dying in Primeval can mean anything really, and watch out for the clones, of course. Connor is as always looking apologetic and perplexed, and he and Abby continue to adopt mini-dinosaur-type pets without batting an eyelid. The acting is...mixed. The special effects are good. There are quintessentially British moments - when a huge dinosaur head, Jurassic Park style, raises itself to peer into the window of a plane, one pilot says with mild fascination, "now there's something you don't see every day".

(Pause for breath.)

All right, so most of you haven't got a clue what I'm on about, but never mind.
I did warn you it might be rubbish.

Sort of.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

at least you are writing!! and i found myself smiling along with you although i had NO idea what you were talking about - ha!

Kathryn said...

We like SciFi, but i've never watched Primeval. It's already in second season?

Glad you're writing again. Want to get to know you!

:)

Lucy Mills said...

My next entry might give you some more info about me!!

Primeval has just started its third season.

Tricia said...

I like to read anything you write, even if I can't always follow the plot, lol!

"The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."- Richard Foster