1. Thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
My 10 Honest Things About Myself:
* I have already forgotten the things I was originally going to write here. My mind is always cluttered up with so many things, others slip out. It’s very frustrating, if inevitable!! I have a very busy brain.
* Like Kelli herself, I love stationary. I can go quite loopy over various notebooks, pens, journals, address books…
* How ever hard I try, I can’t seem to have the whole house tidy at once.
* I have a weird phobia about falling down stairs, or escalators. If I’m feeling tired or wobbly, I hold onto the rail very tightly and try not to imagine crashing down to the bottom. I have no idea where that comes from!!
* I am frequently guilty of having multiple projects ongoing at the same time. There are those in my life who can’t understand why I can’t just focus on one thing! It may be related to that hectic mind I mentioned in my first honest thing. It’s been refreshing and challenging to focus on my writing and allow myself to do so. Mind you, with Christmas coming, life inevitably gets chaotic! I have found however that having lots of different interests widens the scope for writing…
* I’m naturally affectionate. I was once told I seemed aloof, which seems hilarious to me. Most of the time I just want to hug people and laugh with them and dry their tears… I’m just a bit shy.
* I frequently have ‘deep’ moments where I’m totally overawed by being alive, and existing even to think about it. My brain stretches like elastic and goes ‘twang’ with the effort. Some get it, some don’t!
* Those I really love, I love painfully. I actually ache with it.
* I have had to remove all Facebook games as I get too easily drawn in. Every now and then I cave and play one, then have a stronger moment and remove it. I want to use all the time I have…for what’s real, for writing, for time enriching my faith in God. But I’m easily addicted to the virtual, especially when I’ve feeling tired and…bleah-ish.
*I really, really, need to sort out my photographs – both my old prints and those that are now stored digitally. But there are so many jobs in life and not enough energy to complete them all!!
Blogs That Have Encouraged Me and Are Brilliant in Design and/or Content:
* Learning from Sophie – brunette koala has had an award from me before, but ‘honest scrap’ also seemed to be very apt for her – honest, encouraging, lovely.
*Dawning Light – Michelle writes beautiful entries.
*http://thejoyefuljourney.blogspot.com/ – a lovely blog
*Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground – Lynnette’s enthusiasm is contagious!
*Tracing Rainbows – Angela writes thoughtful, well presented entries.
*Uphill Idealist – Lamont’s blog is a very enjoyable read
*Gitzen Girl – A blog I’ve come across recently which is creative, honest, funny and thoughtful.